Monday, September 8, 2008

End of SoC

It has almost been a month since my last post, and Google Summer of Code has come to an end. Although I have not achieved all my milestones, this project is nevertheless a success. The Lush interpreter is now powered by the new memory manager module and the result of my SoC work is the basis for "Lush 2", the next major Lush release (see https://lush.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lush/).

The garbage collector is faster now than a few weeks ago thanks to using a bitmap to record the state of the small object heap. Not maintaining free lists at all but using the bitmap for finding unused memory in the small object heap might give further improvements, albeit small ones. I will try it out some time, after describing the work in a brief tech report.

No comments: